Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Where's Bento?

In order to feel at home in a place, you need a good mental map. Otherwise, everything you do is work. Need gas? Gotta find the gas station, then figure out how to get there. When my mental map includes not just a 24-hour pharmacy, a hairdresser, and a dentist, but my favorite bistro, friends-in-town restaurant, and guilty comfort food, I'll know I'm home. So while I fight my way into The Slanted Door, what I really want is to be able to find:

1) A good pizza place that delivers
2) Sushi within walking distance
3) Ice cream within walking distance that's just far enough away
4) A brunch place where you don't have to stand in line
5) Dim Sum, ibid
6) That place you recommend to visitors
7) That place with the young chef who just needs one good review
8) The place with the rice pudding
9) An Indian restaurant with puffy breads
10) The place where you meet friends for drinks
11) The place that becomes "your place."





1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

Although there's a pizza joint on seemingly every corner in SF, it's tough to find a really good one, y'know? Pizza Orgasmica gets lots of raves, but I'd rather stick with Pizza My Heart. :)