Thursday, May 26, 2005

Everyone's a Critic

We took my mother-in-law to dinner at The Slanted Door tonight. She's here from Miami, so we did the whole showing-off-the-Ferry Building thing, like we've been living here for more than 5 weeks. But I have to say, it's so nice to be able to take someone to a place with a view and great food.

We took the long way home and drove by the Cliff House to see if we could oogle some seals, but I guess they don't hang out there much anymore. There was a man sitting out in front, panhandling for change, and when I gave him some money he said, "Enjoy your dinner! The lamb is very good."
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah, and so's the strip steak. They give me food sometimes at the end of the night. The mahi-mahi's good, but I don't recommend the fish and chips. The breading is too oily, and you can tell they use frozen fish."

No comments: