Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Journey Begins


San Francisco from Marin
Originally uploaded by amytraverso.
Actually, the journey began a month ago. The planning began back in January. My husband was offered a book project (I know, his-and-hers sites, ugh.) that would bring him to California for a year. As luck would have it, there was a job out there for me, too. We were a tech writer and a food writer looking for an adventure, and San Francisco opened its doors. We took it as a sign.

So I left one regional magazine and landed at another, and here we are. Now my job is to get out and explore this enormous region and become an authority on food in the West. There's a lot to learn, and I wouldn't mind a little company along the way. I promise not to tell any stories about my cat.

2 comments:

Amy Traverso said...

What he really likes is that we're, ok, I'm still giving him extra food to make up for the plane trip.

Ok, no more talking about the cat...

Rachael Narins said...

Wow,
You certainly are living a lot of food bloggers dream! I am pea green with envy! Im glad I found your blog, its fantastic.