Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oooh, that smell

I went to Rainbow House of Customer Service the other day (motto: "We don't bag your groceries on principle!"). Actually, it's a great store, just unfriendly.

I also find it wonderfully odoriferous, and that's not a euphemism for stinky. Rainbow has the same slightly sweet, earthy smell that all natural foods co-ops have, and I'm trying to tease apart the components. My best guesses are below, but if any of you are out there, please vote! I'm serious about this.

One part bulk local honey
One part cheddar cheese
One part carob (do people still eat that?)
One part cardboard
One part something grassy-grainy. Groats? Quinoa? Spelt?
One part cedar bath products
One part crystal deodorant sticks (okay not really)
One part bok choy
One part unsulfured dried apricots

1 comment:

McPolack said...

You can't forget the patchouli...